With the rise of concerns about the coronavirus, we’re getting questions from clients about safety precautions we’re taking to ensure a sanitary and safe experience for all.
As makeup and hair artists, it’s of the utmost importance to ensure our kits and surrounding station are kept sanitary at all times. Whether there’s an outbreak of something like coronavirus or something as simple as the common cold, all MS&CO artists practice sanitation standards to keep both our clients and ourselves safe.
I’ve listed a number of precautions and practices we adhere to at every wedding and client appointment.
- Our kits/brushes are deep cleaned the day before a client appointment. This is done with soap and alcohol to ensure we arrive with clean kits. We also take our time to wipe down all surfaces on and in our kits.
- We clean all surfaces with a disinfectant prior to setting up our station on the day of the appointment/wedding.
- We wash our hands for at least 30 seconds at the start of the timeline and will do so in between each appointment.
- We use hand sanitizer after washing our hands for added peace-of-mind
The following precautions are being added to our regular standards for added safety:
- We’ll be using a Lysol spray disinfectant on our chairs in between each client.
- It’s standard to use a combination of a cleanser/disinfectant + 70% alcohol on brushes in-between clients to sanitize but I’ve made a temporary change to this practice. My team will not re-use makeup brushes once they’ve been used on a client until they can be deep cleaned with soap and water and then allowed to dry.
- We already use disposables to apply products like mascara, and lipstick to every client. We are going to increase the use of disposables, including mascara wands, lipstick applicators, and sponges.
- All artists will be using gloves during each appointment. A new pair of gloves will be used for every appointment to avoid cross-contamination.
What can you do to help?
- If you are sick or have a fever, please reschedule your appointment.
- Wash your hands for at least 30 seconds right before it’s time to start your appointment.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or ears as much as possible.
In the end, our goal is to provide a luxury service and that includes the highest level of sanitary practices available. We want to give all of our clients reassurance that we’re doing everything in our power to keep you safe.
If anyone has questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.